Monday, February 21, 2011

schtuff

Things I don’t like:
-       The people who named the bus and tube stops.  I came across a Clifton Gardens when I decided to take a random bus home from work, which happens to be the name of my street.  Do I get off?  What are the chances that it will be anywhere near my flat?  Slim people, slim.

-       Smelly people on the public transportation system.  

-    When one entire tube line closes during the week… and it happens to be the one I take to work.  It took me 2 hours to get to work.  That is 1/4 of the time it took me to fly to London from Chicago.  And I wasn’t covering nearly as much ground.
sd
Cold toilet seats.  (my work has ice cubes for toilet seats.)
s
Six inch platforms and pink spiked mohawks.... but maybe that's just me...
Homeboy works at Sky which is the broadcasting company that we share a building with.  He always wears the same outfit.  One time when he sat next to me on the bus I tried to cringe my neck to see what he was listening to on his iPod... but failed.  I expect he is probably a wannabe rebel with a Michael Bolton music taste.
Si

Things I love:
-       My co-workers.  We are too fun. 
Baz working at his station unknowingly being photographed from the back.  Tiffany put the post-it on his back that says "Poop Step" because he came to work with dog poo on his shoe one day.  

-       How fascinated everyone is with Americans.  It gives me a cool edge.

-       …. What don’t I love about this place?

-       The national wedding show.  I went out on a shoot with Tiffany and Pierre to the National Wedding show to get some footage for a package we are going to do on the Royal Wedding.  We interviewed a ton of cool people and got a lot of good footage.  While Pierre the cameraman was getting some shots, Tiffany and I took the opportunity to try on the tiaras and veils...

there was also a fashion show.  This was the most awkward model out of the whole group.  She needs to work on her catwalk. I could probably help the girl out...
I had to log the tape today so I took a little snapshot of me doing my stand-up. This one's for you mom.



-   Free chocolate in the national wedding show “swag bag.”  However I did NOT appreciate the girl who was giving out the free gift bags and chose to give me the cheap one with no ponytail tiara .  C'mon lady!

-       The fact that The Telegraph (newspaper here) has a royal wedding tab on the website under “News.”

-       Hobnobs and Digestives (cookies)

-      
-       How Peter and Dan are constantly making fun of me….ooh wait… no…  this should probably go into the section above…

-       London



I could write a lot more but alas, I am tired and a girl's gotta sleep.  Goodnight London, Good evening Columbia!

2 comments:

  1. You were right. . .I loved, LOVED the picture of you doing stand-up. TOO FUN!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u should go for the pink mohawk dude! He probably has a lovely personality. Or a bomb in his man purse......one of the two.

    ReplyDelete