Wednesday, April 27, 2011

this week in short version

Since it is royal wedding week I figured I could do a royal wedding blog.....
This is the Green Park media station.  Literally all of the big news stations in the States (and world) are here.  We are stationed right next to CNN and CBS.  NBC and ABC are right across the path.  The big white building are our tents (which are more permanent than tents)

Inside our tent.  The table right in front is where Martha has been sitting all day.  All the tables are labeled for production, daytime, fox and friends, etc. (shout out to me.  I made the labels)


That's the Master Control center where they are watching all of the different programs and talking to NY.  The guy in the back with the dark hair and the mustache is Pierre.  He is one of our cameramen.  He's awesome.  Tiffany, who is eating chips in the corner of the picture (she is not happy I am putting this up. teehee :) ) is our one of our producers and who I have probably talked about most in my posts.  We were the only ones in the office who were actually excited about the Royal Wedding, so we had to share royal goss (gossip) with each other, quietly.
This is our big tent from the outside.  

If you go straight down this path, CBS is at the end.  
This is the back of the great big studios outside of Buckingham Palace.  Everyone who has a studio in here had to pay the big bucks.
And this is the front of the studios.  Our main studio is on the top floor, from the farthest away, three little windows over.  We also have a smaller studio on the bottom floor.  This is is the first closest open box on the the bottom.

looking out from the box on the bottom floor....

.... still on the bottom floor view

.... still on the bottom floor view.  The if you see the flags on the left, that little built up shed under those flags is the stand up position.

Someone from NBC doing a stand up in the bottom studios.

A closer look at the stand up position.  Most of the smaller affiliates use these more so than the bigger networks.

view from the stand up positions



inside the stand-up


outside of our studio on the top floor

the inside.  The sun was really bright so this is kind of hard to see, but these studios really are not that large at all.

A better look.


I actually sat in this chair yesterday.  They used me to sit in for Gretchen and Martha because I am the same height and have the same complexion apparently.  I went live to NY, not on air obviously, but it was still really cool.  They were using me to check lighting and their shots.  I had an ear piece in and was talking to New York to check the sound.  It was really cool.  A girl can dream right?!  

I just met Martha MacCallum today and am currently sitting about 5 ft. from Gretchen Carlson for all you Fox News watchers.  
Another cool thing I did was go fetch Andrew Lloyd Webber's daughter, Imogen, from Canada Gate to take her to her interview.  Apparently she has written some book that has been selling quite well.... regardless she has met the Queen a few times and a bunch of her friends were invited to the wedding.  In about ten minutes I am taking Duncan Sandys, Winston Churchill's grandson, to an interview.  So I must go.  Duty is calling.   Sorry I had to write this so fast.  There are definitely spelling errors but I just really wanted to update you on this week at least since I have been so bad at updating you otherwise.  

And to leave you on a good note here is what I walked out to at the tube station yesterday.... So London.  

Got to get back to my duties!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment