Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Caitlin is my life. (This post was named by Caitlin Adams... weird right?)

The past few days I have spent getting settled in.  Saturday morning we went on a bus tour through London and I saw all of the big places to site see, including my future home Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.  It was really cool.  
Attempting to spy on the royal family through the windows.


My future home



Peter posing so I can get a picture of the girl on the kid-leash. Classic.


Big Ben in the background.  Side shot of Westminster Abbey

Caitlin came to visit me and got here Sunday afternoon.  I think she is staying with me until Wednesday morning.  We went to Chipotle for dinner (I happen to live only a few tube stops away from the ONLY Chipotle in England.  Score!) and then we went to a small pub around the corner with the guys to watch the NFL playoffs and football.  I called it soccer in the pub and the bartender (who happened to be listening into our conversations the entire time) told me to stop being disrespectful.  --- I would like to interject here and say: GO JETS!


Caitlin on the luxurious bed I made her.  

Getting to Fox News was quite the...event.  My commute is mostly outside.  Cold.  It is also around an hour and a half long.  Yuck. I have two stops on the tube and then I have to take a bus and then walk to the station.  Not bad right? Well, it wouldn't have been all bad if maybe the Gunnersbury Tube Station had changed the signs saying the bus station was one way when really they had moved it to a completely different road.  I spent about 15 minutes wandering aimlessly through a neighborhood.  God bless the little old man who helped me catch the H91 bus just in time. The people here are actually extremely helpful and friendly I have found thus far.  Once I got off the bus I got lost... again.  I thought if I made it to Sky Broadcasting Group I would be good to go.  Turns out Sky Broadcasting Group has about 15 huge buildings in the same general area.  No worries though.  I found the newsroom and was not late.

The newsroom is fairly small, but I really like the vibe in there. My supervisor, Kim Miller, happens to be the Head of the London Fox News Bureau, which is so awesome.  She already had me logging tapes and calling places about stories, so I am excited to know I will actually be doing something during my internship.  She said that since I actually live in the city she may be calling me in the mornings before I come into work and sending me out to actually conduct interviews myself with a photographer and doing stand-ups (so I will be on camera.)  I can’t wait.  This is going to be awesome for my resume. 
Me looking like a tool in my interview outfit.  

I took the wrong tube on the way home to which was LOVELY.  I sat next to a few delinquents for half of my 2-hour journey home and a girl who liked to describe her last night in FULL DETAIL to her friend on the phone loudly. 

Tonight Caitlin and I went and saw Wicked and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.  The pipes on those people were fantastic.  I had goose bumps almost the entire time.  I am sad to see her go tomorrow morning L but we had a good time.

Classic step picture.  Before our date night :)
When we said we wanted the sign in our picture, we kinda wanted to be in it too.

The Wicked set.  The dragon moved.  It was awesome. 



 Oh hey.  My hot date.



Ladies be jealous.  Me and the men on my trip.  From left Peter, Alvaro, me Alex, other Alex and Dan




No comments:

Post a Comment