Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stonehenge and Bath

We didn’t have our two classes on Tuesday because our professor from Mizzou was sick and unable to fly out of the States. So, we had our first class Thursday.  Although the class is once a week and is going to be three hours long, I think it is going to be really interesting.  For a lot of our classes we are going to be going out into the field and touring different sites such as where the 2011 Summer Olympics in London are going to be held.  Pretty neat.  Yesterday we went to Harrods, the world famous, AMAZING department store.  Harrods is known for having the best quality EVERYTHING, spectacular service and if you want anything, literally anything, they will get it for you.  It is said that Ronald Reagan once called for a baby elephant to be delivered to his home in California. Done.  Harrods is extremely expensive, rightfully so since they have the best of the best in the world.  However, this week they are having their big January sale and things were 80% off.  It took more willpower than I knew I had to not shop my socks off.  I did get a sub there from their food court.  Chicken Bacon Club.  Holy wow that sandy was GOOOOD. 

Friday at work I got my official I.D. for Fox and all my log-ins taken care of. I found out I am going to actually get to go conduct an interview by myself with a cameraman.  This is really exciting because something that I actually will be working on is going to be possibly on Fox News in the U.S. We never actually know if Fox is going to use any of these side stories though because they may have all of the slots filled.  

Saturday we went to Stonehenge and Bath.  Stonehenge was what I expected.  "A bunch of rocks."  It was still cool though.  I was more impressed by how pretty the country side was though.  In Bath we saw the Roman Baths with the spring that has been heated since the Romans occupied there.  Bath was quaint, yet had a lot of cool shops.  I was freezing all day long which is not really my cup of tea.  And I was wearing a groutfit (an all gray outfit)  so I was exactly styling while I froze.  Bad choice of wear all around.  We went to eat at a cute pub in Bath called West End.  Everyone at our table got fish n' chips.  They were dank.  So good.
Me and the rocks
Me hobnobbing with the sheep
On the way to bath.  The small towns jail... It could fit 6 people.  Hope there is not a lot of crime there...

Gigantic masterpiece. 
Everyone ordered them and it was WELL WORTH IT!!

The Roman Baths. So pretty

Classic posing in front of the Bath







Bath is also the home of Jane Austen.  Jane and I looking pensive.

Modeling at Bath


The countryside in Bath.  This picture doesn't give it any justice.



Planning on watching the play-off games tonight at a local sports pub.  GO JETS!












            

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex. I've been stalking you!!!! It is so fun to hear about your adventures. Thanks for the entertaining reading and God Bless. Love, Lisa Humphrey

    ReplyDelete