Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I MADE IT!

After a change of flights, being stuck in the STL airport on a plane for 2 hrs. and 45 min. and flying 7 ½ hrs from Chicago to London I AM FINALLY HERE!! We got to London at 8 a.m. London time so it was only 2 a.m. back at home.  The six-hour time difference is really getting to me. I couldn’t sleep much on the plane because my arm kept falling asleep (weird) so now I am extremely tired.  Jet lag= blah.
 Sidenote: none of the movies on the plane were any good, but I did read Jen Pham’s book by Chelsea Handler to keep me entertained.  I laughed out loud the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed myself, regardless of whether or not I looked like a lunatic.  Thanks pham. Oh, and I had to move 3 times because I was sitting in people’s seats.  At one point a women caused a huge scene and I happened to be sitting in her son’s chair, cool.  She started bawling to the stewardess about how people had been rude to her. (Not me, someone before she got on the plane.)  Talk about uncomfortable.  Bawlers are not my cup of tea.
Our van ride to our apartment was really cool.  We had to drive from Heathrow airport, which is west of London to our apartment northwest of London.  So we went through London “proper” and I got to see a bunch of museums, the tip-top of Buckingham palace (Helloooo Harry!) and some other cool things.  The city itself is so beautiful. I am in LOVE. 
All of the apartments are older and smaller than in America.  In our apartments, every one in the building is different (that I have seen so far.)  Ours is sort of a loft.  Its small but I like it.  Two other rooms on the floor below us are both Journalism people too so that’s awesome.  Of course both of theirs have a HUGE (compared to ours) living room and kitchen with a vaulted ceiling.  The only thing HUGE in our apartment is the incline of the stairs, which could pose a problem on down the line. However, I still love my apartment.  I think it is very homey. :)
My room!! Check out those curtains.  Whoever styled this room has a real knack for interior decorating.... 

the end of my bed, closet space and for Granny: see that special calendar on the bulletin board? :)

 View from right when you walk in the front door.  Our room is to the left.  That is the bathroom straight ahead. And of course, the stairs of death that even mountain goats couldn't conquer.  They lead to the living room and kitchen.
 Our bathtub nozzle.... uhhh...
 Our living room/kitchen.  Mom will be glad to hear that currently the T.V. doesn't work.  Don't you love the robin-egg blue cabinets?! Beautiful.
Me in front of the apartment.  HOLLA!

Our neighbors across the street.  Also, a very pretty apartment.

Going to tour the neighborhood now. Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Alex it looks so fun!!! Can't wait to hear more!! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete